We are looking for a qualified and experienced person to fill the position of CHIEF ANIMAL CARE TAKER at our Big Cat Sanctuary LIONSROCK in South Africa.
LIONSROCK is run by the international animal welfare organization FOUR PAWS (VIER PFOTEN). We are caring for almost 100 big cats, mainly lions and tigers which were rescued by FOUR PAWS from different inadequate conditions. At LIONSROCK they can finally live in dignity in natural environment and receive species appropriate care. As a true sanctuary we do not breed or trade with the animals in our care and our focus lies on all aspects of their welfare. www.lionsrock.org
Chief Animal Caretaker (f/m/d)
- Are you working as a professional in wildlife management but always wished that animal welfare is the only deciding factor in everything you do?
- Are you willing to challenge your knowledge and experience and understand that learning never ends?
- Did you always dream of working with wild animals and even lions in Africa?
- Do you have the spirit of a globetrotter who is open to new experiences and adaptable to other cultures?
- Are you someone who sees working for animals as a calling and not a job and always wanted to work in animal welfare?
Then LIONSROCK is your opportunity.
LIONSROCK Big Cat Sanctuary offers the opportunity of a life time. The chief care taker position includes onsite accommodation in beautiful surroundings where the sound of our lions and nature is all you hear at night. Bethlehem town is 20 km away and offers everything you need for your daily life. Furthermore, the employment package includes pension and medical benefits and one annual flight home.
You will be responsible for all husbandry activities for our big cats at the sanctuary. Therefore, you need to illustrate the following requirements:
- Diploma in animal husbandry and management or similar comparable qualification
- Minimum 10 years of practical experience in management and husbandry of wild animals in captivity, preferably with focus on big cats
- Skills and knowledge to implement the highest standards of safety and animal welfare in all husbandry related areas
A dynamic and pleasant working environment in a unique, professionally managed and genuine sanctuary is waiting for you.
All applications will be subject to visa requirements in South Africa.