FOUR PAWS, our client, is the global animal welfare organisation for animals under direct human influence, which reveals suffering, rescues animals in need and protects them. Find out more about their sustainable campaigns and projects on www.four-paws.org.
You would like to contribute to something meaningful and work with FOUR PAWS along their mission? This is your chance. We are looking for dedicated people to enrich their team.
In this position as Chief Marketing Officer, you are expected to lead the international marketing, branding, and fundraising teams in developing and implementing strategic initiatives, drive projects and provide counsel to all levels of leadership and management staff.
With the CEO and the leadership team, you will align on the Marketing, Communications, Fundraising, and PR strategies and lead and enable the teams in the execution. As CMO, you will recruit, develop, and empower talents while being responsible for the marketing budget, acting as a point of contact, and coordinating between departments and internal and external stakeholders.
FOUR PAWS is the global animal welfare organisation for animals under human influence, which reveals suffering, rescues animals in need, and protects them. Through education, direct action, and lobbying on a national and international level, FOUR PAWS wants to bring about a change in awareness in society for the welfare of animals. The goal is to achieve and establish changes for animal welfare in politics, economy, and society – with projects, campaigns, and educational work.
FOUR PAWS actively promotes a work environment free of discrimination and harassment and values the work and worth of every person regardless of gender, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, skin color, religious or political affiliation, ethnic background, nationality, or any other aspect unrelated to their employment.
Your contribution will be
- Lead and enable the international communication, marketing, and fundraising teams on an entire span of activities from strategic direction to inspire donors, partners, and staff to advance the mission
- Coordinate and align synergies between the different departments in the CMO area to achieve efficient combined results
- Support all goals of the organisation within the strategic plan to communication, marketing, and fundraising activities
- Be the collaboration partner for other chief officers on matters related to communication, marketing, and fundraising
- Serve as a principal point of contact for FOUR PAWS’ key external stakeholders, building relationships with different audiences and ensuring they are getting the necessary inputs as well
- Foster trend monitoring and innovation related to the communication, marketing, and fundraising area
- Guide FOUR PAWS’ global profile and positioning
- Support the geographical expansion and consolidate inputs from communication, marketing, and fundraising expertise
- Plan and manage the budget for the CMO area and ensure approval of the board
- Recruit, develop, manage, and nurture talents; spearhead the team development and skills development within the CMO area, in cooperation with other departments
- Ensure organisational representation in events and networks connected to communication, marketing, and fundraising
- Perform other duties as required
Your profile ideally illustrates
- University degree in Business with additional Marketing and/or Business administration degree
- 8+ years of management experience in international marketing
- Experience in marketing strategy development, budgeting, organisation and project management
- Experience working in Matrix Organisations
- Broad experience with change management and excellent leadership and conflict management competence
- Knowledge of animal welfare issues at the national, regional, and global level
- Cultural sensitivity – high level of intercultural understanding and competence
- Motivating personality with solid leadership experience, being able to quickly move others to action by planning, motivating, organising, and executing
- Critical Thinking capabilities, being strategic and highly analytical to make number-driven decisions and promote creativity in the team
- Goal-oriented and solution-oriented working style
- Excellent organisation and time management skills & high stress-tolerance level
- Extensive communication and stakeholder management skills
- High regard for moral, ethical, and professional principles
- Credible, competent, trustworthy, and diplomatic personality
- Fluent in business English and German; any additional international language would be a solid asset
Our offer includes
- The opportunity to contribute to global animal welfare
- A multinational team with the spirit of being ONE FOUR PAWS
- An attractive and technically advanced office with excellent public transport links
- A dynamic and challenging work environment with a high level of inspiration and commitment in a value-driven, stable, constantly evolving and expanding international organisation impacting animal welfare on a global scale, leading agile and highly motivated teams
FOUR PAWS is dedicated to the principles of diversity, equality and inclusion.
We look forward to receiving your detailed application documents directly with your LinkedIn profile if you are interested: