FOUR PAWS is an international animal welfare organisation with headquarters in Vienna, Austria, and offices in 14 other countries. Founded by Heli Dungler in 1988, the organisation strives to help animals in need with sustainable campaigns and projects. FOUR PAWS focuses on animals that are directly under human influence, for example stray dogs and stray cats, farm animals, companions animals and wild animals kept in inappropriate conditions. FOUR PAWS aims to help animals in need directly and quickly. www.four-paws.org
We are searching for a positive thinking personality with great affinity to animal welfare as soon as possible:
Co-Worker Science Unit (f/m/d)
- Continuous desktop research concerning scientific animal welfare knowledge for farm animals
- Maintaining an international monitoring system for relevant scientific topics
- Participating in new innovative scientific cooperation projects and platforms
- Writing scientific articles, press releases and statements
- Participating in national and international congresses
- Education in the field of Zoology, Veterinary, Agriculture, Animal Behaviour Science or related fields (university degree advantageous)
- Knowledge about farm animal management and welfare evaluation
- Affinity to scientific work
- Existing personal network in the scientific field advantageous
- Excellent computer skills including statistical data analysis
- Proficient in English and German
- Excellent communication skills and social competence
- Willingness to travel
What we offer:
- A dynamic and pleasant working environment in a motivated team
- A fully integrated and respectful partnership within an international organisation
- An attractive working place with technically advanced infrastructure located close to the centre of Vienna** with the great chance to experience the rich culture and history of Austria
- Work experience in Headquarters of an international organisation limited until December 2019
- Local and international career development opportunities
We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.
We offer you a gross salary of minimum EUR 17.500, - per year (for 20h/week), depending on your qualifications, skills and professional experience.
Are you looking for an opportunity like this?
FOUR PAWS is looking forward to meeting you!
Moreover, we are happy to consider your application for other suitable job opportunities within our global organisation.
** 2019: city with the highest quality of living named by international staff members (source: www.mercer.com)