BÄRENWALD Müritz gGmbH, which is operated by FOUR PAWS - the global animal welfare organisation for animals under human influence, which reveals suffering, rescues animals in need and protects them – is western Europe's largest and most modern bear conservation centre located in Stuer in the attractive region of the Mecklenburg Lake District.
Every year, approximately 90,000 tourists visit the sanctuary. In addition to experiencing brown bears in their natural surroundings, visitors can gain insights into the world of bears and their natural environment through informative exhibitions. www.baerenwald-mueritz.de
You would like to contribute to something meaningful and work with us along our mission? This is your chance. We are looking for dedicated people to enrich our team.
Your contribution will be
- Successful completion of a degree in biology (majoring in zoology), environmental education, animal management or a degree in comparable subjects
- Several years of experience in environmental education, in particular in the development, implementation and coordination of educational concepts as well as the acquisition of project funds and establishment of networks
- Proven management and leadership experience
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written English
- German fluency in written and spoken form is mandatory
- Assertiveness, commitment, team spirit, creativity and flexibility
Your profile ideally illustrates
- Management and supervision of the animal caretaker team
- Evaluation and further development of bear management
- Cooperation with authorities, such as Veterinary Authorities and Professional Associations
- Close cooperation and exchange with FOUR PAWS (international), exchange with other BEAR SANCTUARIES as well as other national and international organisations
- Development and implementation of new zoological strategies and concepts
- Control and development of emergency plans
- Development and implementation of a tourism education concept focusing on animal and environmental protection
- Acquisition of project funds and coordination of educational projects
- Coordination and independent implementation of environmental education measures
- Responsible for the conception and production of marketing materials
- Recruitment of seasonal staff members and volunteers
- Collaboration with environmental education networks
Our offer includes
- Extremely interesting and varying tasks and responsibilities
- Involvement and cooperation in an international organisation
- An attractive work environment
We are dedicated to the principles of equal opportunity, diversity and plurality.
Be part of a good cause and apply for your next professional challenge.
Please note that we will not cover any costs that may be incurred, during the interview process at BÄRENWALD Müritz.