FOUR PAWS, our client, is the global animal welfare organisation for animals under direct human influence, which reveals suffering, rescues animals in need and protects them. Find out more about our sustainable campaigns and projects on www.four-paws.org.
In this position you will have the responsibility to lead the development of FOUR PAWS Germany, to empower the national management team and to develop and implement the national strategy. You will work in a highly diverse and multicultural environment and ensure the alignment with the FOUR PAWS global strategy to secure the goal of ONE FOUR PAWS.
As part of the Senior Leadership Team, your contribution will include responsibilities in the areas of leadership, external representation and relations, finance & reporting as well as strategic development:
- Provide and implement the strategic direction for FOUR PAWS in Germany within the FOUR PAWS Global strategic framework, to ensure a strong brand positioning
- Oversee the development and implementation of the FOUR PAWS Germany plans
- Ensure daily operations, develop and implement processes, as well as maintain a positive and ethical culture for applicants and employees
- Lead the Germany team effectively with the focus on diversity and equality
- Together with Communications International and the national management team, develop a plan on how to represent FOUR PAWS Germany though a network of spokespersons and plan how to involve the different parts of the organisation at national and international level
- Work closely with the Heads to monitor and manage expenditure in line with agreed organisational principles and processes, and develop business cases for investment and cost saving proposals as required to the Board
- Oversee the fundraising strategy to ensure that it is fit for the evolving opportunities in the German market
- Manage the Germany risk register and report any immediate risks to the Germany board immediately and implement necessary mitigation measures
- Work with the Head of Finance to carry out the annual audit and produce the Financial Statements
Your profile ideally illustrates
- At least 10 years of experience as Managing Director or other managerial position on an international level
- Experience in strategy development, financial, organisation and project management
- Knowledge of Matrix Organisations
- Knowledge of animal welfare issues at the regional, national, and global level
- Strong network in Germany
- Creative, energetic, and innovative approach to identifying solutions
- Strong analytical, writing, editing, presentation and verbal skills
- Cultural sensitivity
- Strategic mind-set as well as high quality orientation
Our offer includes
- The opportunity to truly contribute to global animal welfare
- A multinational team with the spirit of being ONE FOUR PAWS
- An attractive and technically advanced office with excellent public transport links
- A dynamic and challenging work environment with a high level of inspiration and commitment in a value-driven stable and constantly evolving and expanding international organisation impacting animal welfare on a global scale leading agile and highly motivated teams
FOUR PAWS actively promotes a work environment free of discrimination and harassment and values the work and worth of each and every person regardless of gender, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, skin color, religious or political affiliation, ethnic background, nationality or any other aspect unrelated to their employment.
If you are interested, we look forward to receiving your detailed application documents directly with your LinkedIn profile.