FOUR PAWS Viet is a Vietnamese NGO - partner of FOUR PAWS International, an animal welfare organisation founded in 1988 with the Headquarter in Vienna, Austria, and has offices in 14 other countries.
BEAR SANCTUARY Ninh Binh - an animal welfare project by FOUR PAWS, is located in Ky Phu commune, Nho Quan district, Ninh Binh province. The sanctuary allows greater governmental enforcement of the existing laws prohibiting the abuse of bears for bile extraction, by providing a place for any confiscated or voluntarily handed over bears to be taken to and cared for appropriately. The 1st construction phase of BEAR SANCTUARY Ninh Binh comprises 3.6 ha and is providing a species-appropriate habitat for up to 44 Asiatic black bears. Four big natural outdoor enclosures, two bear houses, a quarantine area and a veterinary clinic form the frame of BEAR SANCTUARY Ninh Binh. An experienced team, including a veterinarian, currently takes care of 27 former bile bears and 2 bear cubs rescued from the illegal wildlife trade. Within the next few years, the sanctuary will be expanded to 10 ha and will provide a species-appropriate home for around 100 former bile bears.
FOUR PAWS Viet is searching for positive thinking people with great dedication and passion to animal welfare as soon as possible:
Your contribution will be:
- Implementing and improving the existing FOUR PAWS education programs for adults such as: Youth Engagement Program
- Implementing and enriching the education tour concept and programs focusing on tourists, businesses and adult groups for Bear Sanctuary Ninh Binh
- Supporting education programs on wildlife product demand reduction
- Supporting communication for media coverage
- Supporting volunteer activities
Your profile ideally illustrates:
- Holding relevant bachelor or master’s degree in environment, biology or education
- Knowledge on Vietnamese wildlife, conservation issues and constant research on relevant topics is a must
- Experienced in designing, developing and implementing education programs
- Very good presentation skill and keen with working with people
- Very good written and spoken English and Vietnamese
- Computer literacy (MS Office requested)
- Experience in animal welfare work is an advantage
- High level of responsibility and personal drive
- Willingness to travel
- Dedication and passion for animal welfare and FOUR PAWS values and issues
Our offer includes:
- The opportunity to truly contribute to global animal welfare
- A multinational team with the spirit of being ONE FOUR PAWS
- A dynamic and pleasant working environment in a motivated team
- A perspective of a long-term employment
- A close partnership with an international organisation
We are dedicated to the principles of equal opportunity, diversity and plurality.
Be part of a good cause and apply for your next professional challenge. Please send your comprehensive application including your salary requirement and your possible date of entry in English via email to
Contact UsFOUR PAWS Viet, Mr Loc Dinh, Admin and HR manager
Closing date for submission: June 30th, 2020. Applications will be reviewed as they arrive. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.