FOUR PAWS, our client, is the global animal welfare organisation for animals under direct human influence, which reveals suffering, rescues animals in need and protects them. Find out more about our sustainable campaigns and projects on www.four-paws.org.
You would like to contribute to something meaningful and work with us along our mission? This is your chance. We are looking for dedicated people to enrich our team.
You are responsible for the Global Affairs Programme, including content and strategy development and implementation. Furthermore, you contribute to the organisational UN activities on getting animal welfare into the language of the regional, national, and global policy and media.
Your contribution will be
- Being responsible for the programme including task allocation, timeline determination, budget- and travel tracking
- Developing a strategy with the Director on the roadmap to success for UN work
- Leading and participating on coalition working groups and internal working groups
- Developing a dashboard for monitoring UN activities against strategy and opportunities
- Producing regular activity reports on UN activities (UNEP, Agenda 2030 and Post agenda 2030 strategy development/implementation)
- Leading meetings, workshops, and trainings nationally and internationally with regards to policy and advocacy work, content, technical, logistic and administrative organisation
- Using the tools of lobbying, campaigning, advocacy and diplomacy with member state representatives
- Coordinating various organisational work to track the opportunities for addressing the need to raise Animal Welfare as a topic for high level policy consideration
Your profile ideally illustrates
- Experience in building effective relationships with decision makers at the highest level as well as very good understanding of the dynamics and mechanisms at national, regional and international levels (e.g. UNEP, HLPF)
- Master’s degree in International Cooperation, Humanitarian, International Affairs or other relevant studies
- Strong project management and organisational skills
- Proven skills and experience of lobbying, policy work and campaigning in legislative and political processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills in English and an additional UN official language, German is a plus
- Ability to lead an international project including the ability to effectively explain complex concepts
- Strong strategic mindset as well as campaigning and negotiation skills
Our offer includes
- The opportunity to truly contribute to global animal welfare
- A multinational team with the spirit of being ONE FOUR PAWS
- Flexible working times with the option of partial remote work
- Local benefits depending on employment country
- A dynamic and challenging work environment with a high level of inspiration and commitment in a value-driven stable and constantly evolving and expanding international organisation impacting animal welfare on a global scale leading agile and highly motivated teams
- If employed in Austria, a minimum gross salary of EUR 46,000 per year (full-time base, consisting of 14 payments), negotiable depending on higher than required qualifications, skills and professional experience relevant for the position
FOUR PAWS is dedicated to the principles of diversity, equality and inclusion.
If you are interested, we look forward to receiving your detailed application documents directly with your LinkedIn profile.
For additional information, please contact: