FOUR PAWS is the global animal welfare organisation for animals under human influence, which reveals suffering, rescues animals in need and protects them. Founded by Heli Dungler in Vienna in 1988, the organisation focuses on stray dogs and cats as well as pets, farm animals and wild animals kept in inappropriate conditions as well as in disaster and conflict zones. With sustainable campaigns and projects, FOUR PAWS provides rapid help and long-term protection for suffering animals. www.vier-voeters.nl
We are searching for a positive thinking personality with great affinity to animal welfare as soon as possible:
Head of Communication (m/f/d)
- Develop and implement communication strategies to increase public awareness of FOUR PAWS, its campaigns and projects
- Develop and implement external communications such as press & media, digital communications, donor magazine
- Support the Dutch fundraising team with marketing communications
- Interface with the international communication teams and with FOUR PAWS International headquarters in Vienna
- Participate in the strategic development and positioning of the organisation in the Netherlands
- Professional experience in the field of communications, ideally within a (international) non-profit organisation
- Broad experience with press, media and free publicity
- Excellent communication skills
- Very good English and Dutch (written and spoken)
- Great affinity for animal welfare and FOUR PAWS values
What we offer:
- A dynamic and pleasant working environment in a motivated team
- A fully integrated position within an international organisation
- An attractive working place located close to the centre of Amsterdam
We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.
Are you looking for such an opportunity?
We look forward to meeting you!
Moreover, we are happy to consider your application for other suitable job opportunities within our global organisation.
Please send your motivation letter in Dutch and your resume in English, preferably via email to
Petra Sleven, Director Netherlands