FOUR PAWS is an international animal welfare organisation with headquarters in Vienna, Austria, and offices in 14 other countries. Founded by Heli Dungler in 1988, the organisation strives to help animals in need with sustainable campaigns and projects. FOUR PAWS focuses on animals that are directly under human influence, for example stray dogs and stray cats, farm animals, companions animals and wild animals kept in inappropriate conditions. FOUR PAWS aims to help animals in need directly and quickly. www.vier-pfoten.de
We are searching for a positive thinking personality with great affinity to animal welfare from as soon as possible:
Head of Communications (m/f/d)
- Develop and implement communication strategies to increase public awareness of FOUR PAWS, its campaigns and projects
- Interface with the international communication teams and with FOUR PAWS International headquarters in Vienna
- Participate in the strategic development and positioning of the organisation in Germany
- Responsible for the department’s budget and for leading an 8-person team covering press, online/digital communications and marketing
- Professional experience in the field of communications, ideally with a journalistic background
- Experience in the professional analysis of social and political developments and in planning and implementing large PR or communications campaigns - ideally in a societal-political context
- Experience in leading teams and excellent communications skills
- Very good English and German (written and spoken)
- Great affinity for animal welfare and FOUR PAWS’ values
What we offer:
- A dynamic and pleasant working environment in a motivated team
- A fully integrated position within an international organisation
- An attractive working place located close to the centre of Hamburg
- Local and international career development opportunities
We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.
Are you looking for an opportunity like this?
FOUR PAWS is looking forward to meeting you!
Moreover, we are happy to consider your application for other suitable job opportunities within our global organisation.
Please send your application, preferably via email, to Nina Kurtz, Personnel Officer Germany: email@example.com