FOUR PAWS, our client, is the global animal welfare organisation for animals under direct human influence, which reveals suffering, rescues animals in need and protects them. Find out more about our sustainable campaigns and projects on www.four-paws.org.
You would like to contribute to something meaningful and work with us along our mission? This is your chance. We are looking for dedicated people to enrich our team.
In this position you as Lead Animal Welfare Programmes Coordination will be responsible for developing and coordinating selected crosscutting international FOUR PAWS topics, projects and policy campaigns starting with the Pandemics and Animal Welfare campaign. As a part of the Pandemics and Animal Welfare campaign management team you will be responsible for defining and implementing the campaign strategy with the campaign core team.
Your contribution will be
- Leading the development of FOUR PAWS’ position across all departments in the Programmes area to develop policy and campaigns activities ahead of key moments with the campaigns and lobbying team
- Developing, implementing, and delivering an impactful strategy with the international team
- Identifying and capitalizing national and international lobbying opportunities, developing lobbying content and strategy, and engaging with policy makers in international fora
- Supervising strategic integration and implementation across FOUR PAWS
- Undertaking project monitoring and evaluation
- Based on thorough research, responding to press inquiries, and communicating our position and demands in interviews
- Ensuring and delegating the support of national teams with project related lobbying activities (e.g. drafting letters, briefing teams ahead of lobby meetings, joining teams in lobby meetings, coaching teams on best practice lobbying and negotiation tactics)
- Acting as a coordinator for communication and alignment across all of the different campaign areas/teams and resolving any team conflicts/issues
Your profile ideally illustrates
- Several years of relevant professional experience in developing and managing of campaigns on NGO programmes, preferably in animal welfare and in collaboration with cross organizational, international teams
- Proven skills and experience of lobbying, policy work and campaigning in legislative and political processes
- Experience in building effective relationships with decision makers at the highest level as well as very good understanding of the dynamics and mechanisms at national, regional (e.g. EU, ASEAN) and international (e.g. WHO, OIE, FAO, UNEP, G20) levels
- Strong project and organisational skills with the ability to multi-task across different functions
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills including presentation skills
- Ability to lead, motivate and influence an international team, partners and suppliers to work together to achieve the programme objectives
- Strong strategic mindset as well as campaigning and negotiation skills
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally as and when required
FOUR PAWS' offer includes
- The opportunity to truly contribute to global animal welfare
- A multinational team with the spirit of being ONE FOUR PAWS
- An attractive and technically advanced office with excellent public transport links
- A modern leadership culture and promotion of training measures
- Opportunity to work on most current global challenges
- A dynamic and challenging work environment with a high level of inspiration and commitment in a value-driven stable and constantly evolving and expanding international organisation impacting animal welfare on a global scale leading agile and highly motivated teams
- If employed in Austria, a gross salary of minimum EUR 48.000,- per year negotiable depending on higher than required qualifications, skills and professional experience relevant for the position
FOUR PAWS is dedicated to the principles of equal opportunity, diversity and plurality.
If you are interested, we look forward to receiving your detailed application documents directly with your LinkedIn profile. https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2838665812/?capColoOverride=true
For additional information, please contact: