Lead Expert Farm Animal Welfare (m/f/d)
Full-time | 40 hours per week | Vienna Headquarters, Austria
FOUR PAWS is the global animal welfare organisation for animals under direct human influence, which reveals suffering, rescues animals in need and protects them. Find out more about our sustainable campaigns and projects on www.four-paws.org.
Would you like to contribute to something meaningful and work with us along our mission? This is your chance. We are looking for dedicated people to enrich our team.
Your contribution will be
- Leadership of a team of FAN (farm animals and nutrition) experts of different backgrounds and seniority, including budgeting
- Providing the content expertise, based on the latest scientific results and FOUR PAWS animal ethics, informing the FAN-strategy
- Coordinating with the other FAN teams such as campaigns, nutrition, policy, textiles brand engagement, climate and relevant units outside of the FAN Department
- Developing and documenting relevant animal welfare content, strongly related to the point of view of the animals
- Actively representing the organisation on content-related international projects and events
- Contributing in positioning FOUR PAWS globally in the farm animal welfare area
Your profile ideally illustrates
- Relevant years of working experience in Animal Welfare
- Educational background in Veterinary Medicine, Animal Science, Agriculture
- and specialised in Animal Welfare
- Proficient in English in speech, reading and writing, and an advanced level of German is a plus
- Professional experience working with MS Office package, Statistics, Citation databases, Animal Welfare Assessment
- Strong project and organisational skills
- Willingness and ability to travel as well as driver’s licence
- Great affinity to animal welfare and FOUR PAWS vision and mission
Our offer includes
- The opportunity to truly contribute to global animal welfare
- Flexible working times with the option of partial remote work
- Wiener Linien annual ticket/partial contribution to Klima Ticket, and pension fund after probationary period
- 25 days of annual leave (in addition to national holidays)
- Flexible and family-friendly working arrangements
- A minimum gross salary of EUR 52,000 per year (full-time base, in Austria consisting of 14 payments), negotiable depending on higher than required qualifications, skills and professional experience relevant for the position
FOUR PAWS works towards a world filled with respect, empathy and understanding for animals and believes in the same values for people: we strongly encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds and lived experiences to apply as we welcome everyone who wants to support our mission. Please contact Recruiting.firstname.lastname@example.org if you require assistance applying to this position.
All interested individuals are invited to submit their applications for the position. Please note that in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, having a valid work permit for the respective country or being eligible to obtain one is a requirement for this position prior to commencing employment.
Be part of a good cause and apply for your next professional challenge with your CV in English to