FOUR PAWS is an international animal welfare organisation with headquarters in Vienna, Austria, and offices in 14 other countries. Founded by Heli Dungler in 1988, the organisation strives to help animals in need through sustainable campaigns and projects. FOUR PAWS focuses on animals that are directly under human influence, for example stray dogs and stray cats, farm animals, companions animals and wild animals kept in inappropriate conditions. FOUR PAWS aims to help animals in need directly and quickly. www.four-paws.org
We are searching for a positive thinking personality with great affinity to animal welfare as soon as possible:
Senior Press Officer (m/f/d)
- Being responsible for all press activities of FOUR PAWS Germany
- Planning and implementation of all press activities, both offline and online
- Developing and maintaining of national press contacts, implementation of media cooperation and strengthening media relations with strong focus on key media
- Conducting interviews
- Managing the internal database
- Evaluating FOUR PAWS Germany press activities and clippings regularly
- Being co-responsible for handling crisis situations
- Developing national campaign strategies
- Coordinating contents with individual departments
- Observating media and market as well as the evaluation of national trends on a regular basis
- Adapting international press releases to the local requirements, their distribution and arranging of their translation if necessary
- A university degree in communications or marketing or another qualified education in related fields
- Several years’ work experience in a similar role in an NGO, political organisation or media organisation
- Excellent communication skills in German and English, both written and oral
- Experience in collaboration with internal and external partners
- Social competence combined with a great sense of responsibility
- Well-structured and organised working style
- Ability to work independently, results-oriented and innovative
- Great affinity to animal welfare and FOUR PAWS issues and values
What we offer:
- A dynamic and pleasant working environment in a motivated team
- A fully integrated and respectful partnership within an international organisation
- An attractive working place with technically advanced infrastructure located close to the centre of Hamburg
- Work experience in an international organisation limited to 24 months
- Local and international career development opportunities
We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.
Are you looking for such an opportunity?
We look forward to meeting you!
Moreover, we are happy to consider your application for other suitable job opportunities within our global organisation.
Please send your application, preferably via email, to Michaela Rychlik, Head of Finance and Administration Germany: firstname.lastname@example.org