FOUR PAWS is the global animal welfare organisation for animals under direct human influence, which reveals suffering, rescues animals in need and protects them. Find out more about our sustainable campaigns and projects on www.four-paws.org.
Would you like to contribute to something meaningful and work with us along our mission? This is your chance. We are looking for dedicated people to enrich our team.
The Senior Programme Director (m/f/d) is mainly responsible for supporting the planning for the Programme areas Companion Animals, Farm Animals and Nutrition and Wild Animals, facilitating the process and monitoring the implementation. This position ensures good preparation for programmatic priorities for projects and campaigns for strategic decisions of the CPO.
Your contribution will be
- Guiding and coordinating the yearly planning for the programme area and preparing decisions for priority setting in projects and campaigns in alignment with the FOUR PAWS’ strategies
- Ensuring programme quality, sustainability and impact, monitoring, evaluating and coordinating of projects and campaigns incl. PPD (Project Plan Digital), forecasts and planning/budgeting with a high content focus
- Strategically supporting the programme team and holding them accountable for fulfilling key responsibilities
- Accompanying the programme projects and campaigns throughout the life-cycle by providing operational guidance and keeping oversight and reporting
- Spearheading trend monitoring and innovation related to programme-related topics
- Cross-collaborating with departments outside the CPO area for alignment
- Developing new initiatives with a focus on campaigning and political impact
- Being the content substitute for CPO during the absence
Your profile ideally illustrates
- Educational background in Business Administration, International Management, Humanitarian or International Affairs or similar
- 10 years of international experience in the area of animal welfare
- Proven track record in a similar role as programme director or in another managerial position
- Thorough understanding of project and program management techniques and methods with experience on a global scale
- Splendid knowledge of performance evaluation techniques and key metrics, knowledge of data analysis, reporting and budgeting
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task across different functions paired with a solution-oriented work approach
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills including presentation skills
- Strong strategic mindset and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to effectively explain complex concepts
- Full proficiency in English, knowledge of German and additional UN official languages is a plus
- As a member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) you respond to risks and opportunities and expand the welfare reach to more animals globally
- Managing operational daily activities for the programme area departments
- Preparing and coordinating updates for the CPO and for board meetings
- Managing necessary steps for the Programme area within the FOUR PAWS planning cycle
- Great affinity to animal welfare and FOUR PAWS vision and mission
Our offer includes
- The opportunity to truly contribute to global animal welfare
- A multinational team with the spirit of being ONE FOUR PAWS
- An attractive and technically advanced office with excellent public transport links
- A dynamic and challenging work environment with a high level of inspiration and commitment in a value-driven stable and constantly evolving and expanding international organisation impacting animal welfare on a global scale leading agile and highly motivated teams
We are dedicated to the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion.
Be part of a good cause and apply for your next professional challenge with your detailed application documents directly with your LinkedIn profile.