External consultancy contract with FOUR PAWS VIET WILDLIFE CONSERVATION CENTRE - FOUR PAWS VIET
FOUR PAWS is the global animal welfare organisation for animals under direct human influence, which reveals suffering, rescues animals in need and protects them. Find out more about our sustainable campaigns and projects on www.four-paws.org.
FOUR PAWS is looking for a consultant to contribute to the design and implementation of campaigns to ease and end the suffering of companion animals in Southeast Asia.
Your contribution will be:
- Support the Head of SEA Companion Animals (CA) Campaigns in the development and implementation of public mobilisation campaigns in Southeast Asia to advance companion animal welfare including working on FOUR PAWS campaign to end the dog and cat meat trade
- Project manage and co-ordinate activities to achieve the campaign outcomes working as part of an international team
- Support with the day-to-day administration of campaigns, including campaign reporting, preparing presentations, coordinating meetings, document management, networking, advocacy and other campaigns support tasks
- Work closely with local media agencies to ensure that the communication/ mobilisation strategies are in place to support the campaign objectives, including design and delivery of campaign assets (online/offline) and social media posting and management
- Write, edit, translate, and proofread copy for promotional materials and reports
- Work within budget and report on budget spend
- Conduct desktop research and oversee investigation and research projects into specific animal welfare issues as needed
- Support the tracking, measurement, evaluation, and reporting on campaign KPIs
- Keep abreast of current trends in both companion animal welfare and international campaigning
- Support the campaigns department in other duties as assigned
Your profile ideally illustrates:
- Minimum of 3 years-experience of working on public campaigns in Southeast Asia, particularly public mobilization
- A Bachelors’ degree, ideally in Campaign Management, Communications, Political Science, or animal science
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English and one or more of Vietnamese/Khmer/Thai would be considered advantageous
- Good project management and organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Experience and/or knowledge of advocacy with government stakeholders
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience of social media copy writing and management
- Excellent skills in standard Microsoft Office Applications
- Willingness to travel
The selected consultant will be recompensed based on a daily basis, with travel expenses reimbursed where applicable. Consultants will be expected to work the equivalent of 4-5 days, each about 8 hours, per week.
We are dedicated to the principles of equal opportunity, diversity, and plurality.
Be part of a great cause and send your CV, your service portfolio, your covering letter and your daily (8-hour) working rates in English to: