For this fruit cake, we added a vanilla cream to the biscuit and oatmeal base and topped it with berries - mega yummy!
For the biscuit base
- 1 cake plate, 20 cm diameter + 1 cake ring
- 310g biscuits, vegan (your choice)
- 100g wholemeal oat flakes, fine
- 100g margarine, vegan + heat-resistant - melting
- 1 tsp organic lemon zest
- 1 pinch of crystal salt
For the vanilla pudding
- Cling film
- 500ml oat drink
- 120g soy cream, whippable
- 40g organic corn starch
- 30g xylitol (sugar substitute)
- 1/2 tsp organic lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 sachet cream stiffener
- 2 pinches of Kala Mamak (sulphur salt) optional
For the topping
- 350g various berries
- 20g white chocolate, vegan - chop
- 2 tbsp yacon syrup
- For this vegan cheesecake, first prepare the vanilla pudding. To do this, mix the cornflour with 100ml of oat drink. Pour the remaining 400ml of oat drink into a saucepan, add the xylitol, vanilla and Kala Namak and bring to the boil. Then stir in the mixed cornflour and bring to the boil again, stirring constantly.
Remove the pudding from the heat and leave to cool for approx. 2 min, stirring occasionally. Then pour into a wide bowl and place a suitable piece of cling film directly on top of the pudding to prevent a skin from forming. In the meantime, for the biscuit base, finely grind the biscuits and the oat flakes one after the other in a stand mixer or cutter.
Then place in a bowl, add the melted margarine, lemon zest and salt and mix together. The mixture should now be mouldable; if not, place in the fridge again for approx. 10 min. Then place the cake ring on the cake plate; pour in the biscuit mixture and form a base 8 mm thick and a rim 8 mm thick and 2 cm high. Then place in the fridge and allow to set.
Whip the soy whip together with the cream stiffener powder until stiff. When the custard has cooled, beat with a hand mixer until smooth and fold in the cream. Remove the base from the fridge, spread the custard on top and smooth it down. Put about 100g of berries aside for the garnish; put the rest of the berries in a tall container, add the yacon syrup and purée finely. Then strain through a fine-mesh sieve and set aside.
Remove the cake from the fridge and leave to temper for 10 minutes. Then carefully remove the cake ring, garnish with the berries and sprinkle with chocolate.Cut the vegan fruit cake into 8 pieces and serve.