Full-time | 36-40 hours per week | Amsterdam, the Netherlands
FOUR PAWS is the global animal welfare organisation for animals under direct human influence, which reveals suffering, rescues animals in need and protects them. Find out more about our sustainable campaigns and projects on www.four-paws.org.
Our audience is growing and the issues we face are complex, with the links between climate crisis, pandemics and animal welfare becoming increasingly clear.
Are you an experienced campaigner? Then join us in campaigning for more animal welfare in both the Netherlands and worldwide, by setting up and carrying out lobbying, advocacy and public campaigning activities.
Your contribution will be
- Carrying responsibility for our national-themed campaigns with a strong focus on companion animals, wildlife and animals used for fashion
- Researching, writing, developing and co-creating campaign content and materials together with our international teams and colleagues in the Netherlands
- Mobilising audiences, groups and organisations through online and offline channels, by translating complex content into text and image that encourage action, to involve as many people as possible in our goals
- Monitoring the (inter)national debate around our themes and proactively make the link to where you see opportunities, especially on social media or in the media
- Liaising with various stakeholders for your dossiers
- Working closely with the other campaigner and the team of international researchers and campaigners, reporting to the director
Your profile ideally illustrates
- HBO working and thinking capacity with experience in campaigning and/or mobilisation strategies; experience with animal welfare is a plus
- Skilled at writing and knowledgeable on how to motivate and inspire others
- Proactive, strong in communicating and focused on good teamwork
- Excellent command of both the Dutch and English language
Our offer includes
VIER VOETERS is an international organisation that is growing rapidly, in full swing and making a real difference for animals. The position is for 36-40 hours per week. 32 hours is also negotiable.
- Independence and plenty of room for new ideas
- A competitive salary
- Pension scheme, premium contribution fully covered by FOUR PAWS
- A six-month contract, with the intention to extend
- An animal-friendly workplace with a dynamic and pleasant job environment
- Possibility to work up to 50% remotely
- Flexible and family-friendly working arrangements
FOUR PAWS works to create a world full of respect, empathy and understanding for animals and believes in the same values for people: we strongly encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds and life experiences to apply, as we welcome anyone who wants to support our mission. Please contact email@example.com if you need help applying for this position.
Be part of a good cause and apply for your next professional challenge with your resume and cover letter to
Contact UsBerlioz van der Linden, Interim HR advisor
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.