FOUR PAWS is the global animal welfare organisation for animals under direct human influence, which reveals suffering, rescues animals in need and protects them. The rescue center for bears is located right in the middle of the Mecklenburg Lake District in the North of Germany. Since 2006, the BEAR SANCTUARY Müritz has provided mistreated and neglected bears with a safe and natural home. Find out more about our sustainable campaigns and projects on www.baerenwald-mueritz.de.
Would you like to contribute to something meaningful and work with us along our mission? This is your chance. We are looking for dedicated people to enrich our team in BEAR SANCTUARY Müritz.
Your contribution will be
- Ensuring the smooth and efficient daily operations of the bear management at BEAR SANCTUARY Müritz and working within the guidelines of health and safety procedures to ensure animal, staff, and visitor safety and security
- Supervising the animal caretaker teams and ensuring that daily husbandry practices and safety protocols are strictly adhered to
- Creating and implementing enrichment programmes for all bears
- Overseeing facility management of bear houses, enclosures, and some sanctuary grounds
- Carrying out integrations, and positive reinforcement training
Your profile ideally illustrates
- Education as a zoo keeper or a relevant degree for example in Biology, Animal Behaviour
- Experience in husbandry of large carnivores
- Knowledge of occupational health and safety regulations when dealing with wild animals
- Experience in supervising, managing and training staff
- Talent in interacting with different groups of people including visitors and staff
- Ability to work independently
- Driver’s license (B)
- Excellent German skills, English is a plus
- Great affinity to animal welfare and FOUR PAWS vision and mission
Our offer includes:
- The opportunity to truly contribute to global animal welfare
- A diverse and responsible occupation with a lot of creative freedom
- A team with the spirit of being ONE FOUR PAWS
- A dynamic and pleasant working environment in a motivated team
- Working within a team of international animal sanctuaries
- A modern leadership culture with many learning opportunities
FOUR PAWS works towards a world filled with respect, empathy and understanding for animals and believes in the same values for people: we strongly encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds and lived experiences to apply as we welcome everyone who wants to support our mission. Please contact email@example.com if you require assistance applying to this position.
All interested individuals are invited to submit their applications for the position. Please note that in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, having a valid work permit for the respective country or being eligible to obtain one is a requirement for this position prior to commencing employment.
Be part of a good cause and apply for your next professional challenge with your cover letter and CV in German to: