FOUR PAWS is the global animal welfare organisation for animals under direct human influence, which reveals suffering, rescues animals in need and protects them. Find out more about our sustainable campaigns and projects on www.four-paws.org.
Would you like to contribute to something meaningful and work with us along our mission? This is your chance. We are looking for dedicated people to enrich our team.
Your contribution will be
- Being a key member of the animal dept ensuring the smooth and efficient daily operations of the bear areas at BEAR SANCTUARY Ninh Binh
- Supervising the animal caretaker teams making sure that daily husbandry practices and safety protocols are strictly adhered to
- Ongoing adaptation of husbandry routines and procedures to cater to the bears’ needs
- Carrying out integrations and positive reinforcement training
- Capacity building of local animal caretaking staff with on the job training and workshops
Your profile ideally illustrates
- A degree in a relevant scientific field: Biology, Zoology, Animal Behaviour, Animal Management or similar
- Minimum three years of experience working in captive animal management, experience with large carnivores is a plus
- Experience in a managerial role, supervising and training others
- Experience with animal social integrations and positive reinforcement training
- Prior experience living and working abroad, preferably in SE Asia
- Practical, adaptable, creative, hardworking, problem solver
- Great affinity to animal welfare and FOUR PAWS vision and mission
Our offer includes
- The opportunity to truly contribute to global animal welfare
- A multinational team with the spirit of being ONE FOUR PAWS
- A dynamic and pleasant working environment in a motivated team
- Occasional business travel
- Annual return flight home
FOUR PAWS works towards a world filled with respect, empathy and understanding for animals and believes in the same values for people: we strongly encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds and lived experiences to apply as we welcome everyone who wants to support our mission. Please contact Emily.Lloyd@four-paws.org if you require assistance applying to this position.
Be part of a good cause and apply for your next professional challenge with your cover letter and CV in English as well as your salary requirements to: