FOUR PAWS is an international animal welfare organisation with its headquarters in Vienna, Austria, and offices in 14 other countries. Founded by Heli Dungler in 1988, the organisation works to help animals in need through sustainable campaigns and projects. FOUR PAWS focuses on animals under direct human influence, for example stray dogs and cats, farm animals, companion animals and wild animals kept in inappropriate conditions. FOUR PAWS aims to help animals in need fast and directly. www.four-paws.org
We are looking for a positive thinker with close affinity to animal welfare to fill this position as soon as possible:
- Being responsible for a providing outstanding service to our donors by answering questions, handling complaints, and troubleshooting problems
- Working closely with other members of the Front Office team to handle a high volume of calls, emails and post
- Maintaining database/s by entering and amending donor information as necessary
- Providing administrative support including reception of visitors and maintaining office supplies and kitchen
- Advising and referring function for local and international animal welfare requests such as abuse reporting, re-homing, adopting, donations in kind, Swiss animal protection law
- Continuously self-studying basic animal welfare topics and FOUR PAWS activities to expand knowledge of organisation and better answer donor inquiries
- Relevant professional and/or educational qualification and experience
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to build rapport and collaborate with others within the company and externally
- Structured and detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently and prioritise work based on organisational requirements
- Excellent German writing and verbal communication skills
- Good communication skills in French and English an asset
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Team player
- Highly motivated and flexible
- Great affinity to animal welfare and FOUR PAWS issues and values
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work for a growing international animal welfare organisation
- A dynamic and pleasant working environment in a highly motivated team
- Modern workplace in Zurich, well served by public transport
- Room to be creative and openness to ideas
- Local and international career development opportunities
We welcome inquiries from everyone, and value diversity in our workforce.
Are you looking for an opportunity like this?
FOUR PAWS is looking forward to meeting you!
Moreover, we are happy to consider your application for other suitable job opportunities within our global organisation.
Please send your application in English, via email to
Karin Carrillo Forster