FOUR PAWS is the global animal welfare organisation for animals under direct human influence, which reveals suffering, rescues animals in need and protects them. Find out more about our sustainable campaigns and projects on www.four-paws.org.za.
Would you like to contribute to something meaningful and work with us along our mission? This is your chance. We are looking for dedicated people to enrich our team.
The Compliance, Integrity, and Legal Affairs Officer works on tasks in different fields of law (e.g. labour law, company law, intellectual property law & contract law) and on other legal matters mainly on a national level, as well as in collaboration with the Legal Affairs Unit of FOUR PAWS International on a cross-national level in accordance with organisational standards and policies.
Your contribution will be
- Cultivating a culture of compliance and integrity
- Establishing and maintaining a compliance and data privacy framework, documentation and analysing and implementing processes with regard to requirements of compliance and data privacy
- Handling internal legal requests and providing legal advice
- Supporting departments and units in negotiations with contractual partners
- Advising, processing inquiries and reviewing documents in the area of data protection and data protection law
- Monitoring legislative changes relevant to FOUR PAWS South Africa
- Handling trademark matters on national level
- Managing, identifying and reporting legal and compliance risks
Your profile ideally illustrates
- Several years of relevant professional experience
- Relevant legal degree (LLB)
- Admission as attorney of the High Court of South Africa
- Membership with the Compliance Institute of South Africa is an advantage
- Experience interpreting relevant legislation i.e. POPIA, Labour Relations Act, Basic Conditions of Employment Act, Electronic Communications Act, Companies Act, Nonprofit Organisations Act & Promotion of Access to Information Act
- Excellent English proficiency (Ability to work in Afrikaans or Sesotho is an advantage)
- Experience with Office 365/SharePoint and virtual communication tools (e.g. MS Teams)
- Reliable and discreet personality with a strong work ethic, as well as a structured and well-organised working style
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team
- Great affinity to animal welfare and FOUR PAWS vision and mission
The offer includes
- The opportunity to truly contribute to global animal welfare
- A multinational team with the spirit of being ONE FOUR PAWS
- An animal-friendly workplace with a dynamic and pleasant job environment
- A modern leadership culture and promotion of training relevant to the position
FOUR PAWS works towards a world filled with respect, empathy and understanding for animals and believes in the same values for people: we strongly encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds and lived experiences to apply as we welcome everyone who wants to support our mission. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require assistance applying to this position.
All interested individuals are invited to submit their applications for the position. Please note that in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, having a valid work permit for the respective country or being eligible to obtain one is a requirement for this position prior to commencing employment.
Be part of a good cause and apply for your next professional challenge with your CV and salary expectation in English to: