FOUR PAWS is the global welfare organisation for animals under direct human influence, which reveals suffering, rescues animals in need and protects them. Our audiences are growing, and the topics we are facing are complex with links between climate crisis and animal welfare becoming more evident.
The Director Germany is responsible for managing the impact and performance and tangibly involved in the direction and future strategy of the organisation in Germany.
Your contribution will be
- Provide thoughtful and visionary leadership that is inclusive, transparent, and empowering in a manner that supports and guides the organisation’s mission as defined by FOUR PAWS International
- Organise, motivate, and mentor internal team leaders to strategically grow the organisation’s impact, Programmes, Communication, Marketing as well as Policy and Advocacy and to effectively fulfil its important mission
- Continually foster a culture that encourages collaboration between departments and recognises positive contributions
- Overseeing the implementation of the national strategies, aligned with and supporting FPI global strategies
- Acting as the main speaker on behalf of FOUR PAWS Germany regarding programme's work and impact on animal welfare
Your profile ideally illustrates
- Passion for and dedication to animal welfare
- Successful track record in leadership as well as senior operational and strategic roles with NGOs – ideally animal protection and welfare
- Being a convincing and motivating leader within a fast-growing and diverse organisation
- Excell as a persuasive and engaging communicator, externally and internally
- Fluent in German and English
The offer includes
The opportunity to truly contribute to global charitable projects with a multinational team of ambitious and dedicated specialists with a strong teamwork culture. An attractive compensation and benefits package is planned for the position, depending on qualifications, skills and professional experience.
FOUR PAWS works towards a world filled with respect, empathy and understanding for animals and believes in same values for people. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds and lived experiences to apply.
Be part of a good cause and engage in this top level professional challenge!
All interested individuals are invited to submit their applications for the position. Please note that in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, having a valid work permit for the respective country or being eligible to obtain one is a requirement for this position prior to commencing employment.
Please submit your CV in English, quoting ref no A011268