Expert Farm Animal Welfare (m/f/d)
Part-time | 20-30 hours per week | Vienna Headquarters, Austria
FOUR PAWS is the global animal welfare organisation for animals under direct human influence, which reveals suffering, rescues animals in need and protects them. Find out more about our sustainable campaigns and projects on www.four-paws.org.
Would you like to contribute to something meaningful and work with us along our mission? This is your chance. We are looking for dedicated people to enrich our team.
Your contribution will be
- Supporting the other FAN (Farm animals and nutrition) -teams such as campaigns, climate, policy, textile engagement, and nutrition, concerning specific campaigns, programmes and projects
- Carrying out research on relevant farm animal welfare issues, preparing content for the FAN-Team as a basis of FOUR PAWS farm animal work, also documenting and aiding communications internally and externally
- Overseeing animal welfare developments in the FOUR PAWS countries, jointly with the FOUR PAWS local Head of Programmes and/or specific FAN co-workers
- Attending international and national conferences, industry events, and expert working groups to position FOUR PAWS as an expert in the field of farm animal welfare
- Being the contact person for different stakeholders like other NGOs, industry players, and others
Your profile ideally illustrates
- Relevant professional experience, ideally in the Animal Welfare field
- Educational background in Veterinary Medicine, Animal Science, Agriculture and specialised in Animal Welfare
- English skills on a professional working level, German skills are advantageous
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office package, Statistics, Citation database, Animal Welfare Assessment
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Willingness and ability to travel, as well as driver's license
- Great affinity to animal welfare and FOUR PAWS vision and mission
Our offer includes
- The opportunity to truly contribute to global animal welfare
- Flexible working times with the option of partial remote work
- Workplace health promotion initiatives as well as promotion of training measures
- Wiener Linien annual ticket/partial contribution to Klima Ticket, and pension fund after the probationary period
- Flexible and family-friendly working arrangements
- A minimum gross salary of EUR 44,000 per year (full-time base, in Austria, consisting of 14 payments), negotiable depending on higher than required qualifications, skills and professional experience relevant for the position
FOUR PAWS works towards a world filled with respect, empathy and understanding for animals and believes in the same values for people: we strongly encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds and lived experiences to apply as we welcome everyone who wants to support our mission. Please contact email@example.com if you require assistance applying to this position.
Be part of a good cause and apply for your next professional challenge with your CV in English to
All interested individuals are invited to submit their applications for the position. Please note that in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, having a valid work permit or being eligible to obtain one is a requirement for this position prior to commencing employment.