FOUR PAWS is the global animal welfare organisation for animals under direct human influence, which reveals suffering, rescues animals in need and protects them. Find out more about our sustainable campaigns and projects on www.four-paws.org.
Yayasan Jejak Pulang, the ORANGUTAN FOREST SCHOOL in East Kalimantan, Indonesia, a FOUR PAWS cooperation since 2018, takes care of orphaned orangutans, with the goal to rehabilitate them and release them back to the wild.
Would you like to contribute to something meaningful and work with us along our mission? This is your chance. We are looking for dedicated people to enrich our team.
You as a leader of the Senior Management Team will lead 4 divisions: External Relations, Operations, Enabling Units and the Release Site Manager at Mahakam Hulu. We are looking for an experienced manager, who will be the central hub, integrating and aligning all departments to work towards Yayasan Jejak Pulang’s goals according to annual plans.
Your contribution will be
- Communicating with and reporting to the Boards as well as translating the advice from Pembina and Pengurus into actions and results, and organising Board meetings
- Outlining annual and 3-yearly plans for activities and finances, enabling and guaranteeing alignment with the YJP strategy and development of financial plans and project plans
- Delivering results in accordance with the plans and maintaining standards so that YJP continues to be attractive for donors, esp. Animal Welfare organisation FOUR PAWS, its main donor
- Guiding and overseeing the inter-departmental cooperation, coordination and communication
- Reviewing and approving contracts for services of major contractors and consultants
- Representing the interests of YJP in meetings and consultations with external and internal stakeholders and building and maintaining strong cooperative and professional with stakeholders
- Leading the organisation in a transparent, fair, inclusive and inspiring manner, living the notion that despite hierarchical levels the members of the organisation are essential like parts of one body
- Creating and organising a safe work environment
- Supporting the department heads and particularly HR with recruiting, hiring and onboarding to disseminate the spirit of YJP
- Being responsible to stay in compliance with all laws and regulations
Your profile ideally illustrates
- Relevant experience in leadership and/or management, preferably in an international NGO or business environment
- Fluent in English both written and spoken
- High level strategic thinking and planning ability as well as time management skills, delegating and conflict resolution competencies
- Financial management skills and understanding of HR operation and legal-compliance frameworks of the non-profit organisation
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, transparent and high integrity leadership and demonstrated ability to integrate diverse areas of work and characters
- Strong persuasive communication skills both written and verbal, and the ability of effective communication about Jejak Pulang’s mission including public speaking ability
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy
- Great affinity to animal welfare and FOUR PAWS vision and mission
Our offer includes
- The opportunity to truly contribute to global animal welfare
- Pleasant and interesting work environment
- Interesting work with a high degree of personal responsibility
- Extensive design options in an expanding environment
- The chance to grow together with your team
We are dedicated to the principles of diversity, equality and inclusion.
Be part of a good cause and apply for your next professional challenge with your CV in English to