FOUR PAWS is the global animal welfare organisation for animals under human influence, which reveals suffering, rescues animals in need and protects them. Find out more about our sustainable campaigns and projects on www.four-paws.org.
You would like to contribute to something meaningful and work with us along our mission? This is your chance. We are looking for dedicated people to enrich our team.
Your role as Head of Fundraising, together with your team, is to grow the organisation's sustainability through fundraising programmes to enable FOUR PAWS to achieve its national strategic goals. The role reports directly to the Director and as such will be a member of the South African senior membership team, sharing collective responsibility to deliver the organisation's strategy and vision.
Your contribution will be
- Planning, budgeting, forecasting, and growth of fundraising income in the country by ensuring further development of existing programmes and identifying new potential income streams to contribute to the financial goals and targets of the South African office
- Overseeing individual giving acquisition and retention through various programmes and channels, focusing on donor delight and developing strategic donor journeys for acquiring and retaining donors
- Managing the acquisition of legacy, corporate and major donors, including building relationships with high net-worth individuals, companies, trust, foundations and other institutional funders
- Managing stakeholder and supplier relationships ensuring a stable environment for the organisation with these role players
- Comprehensive reporting to the Director and headquarters about the performance of fundraising in the country, providing insight to the numbers
- Work closely and integrated with the Head of Communications to ensure that all external communication is in line with the FOUR PAWS brand and mitigating reputational risks from a fundraising perspective
- Building and inspiring the fundraising team to reach their full potential for the organisation, ensuring effectiveness and efficiency, and developing the skills within the team
Your profile ideally illustrates
- Strong and demonstrable experience in a senior fundraising position, as well as proven ability of developing fundraising strategies and turning these into successful operational plans
- Experience building Face-to-Face fundraising and individual giving programmes
- Relevant qualification in marketing, business or management
- Proficient in MS Office – Word & Excel, PowerPoint and advanced tools
- Experience in Salesforce or equivalent CRM advantageous
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Afrikaans
- Excellent existing relationships with corporate, foundation and institutional funders, including good relationship management skills
- Ability to cope with pressure and work to tight deadlines and achieve financial objectives
Our offer includes
- The opportunity to truly contribute to global animal welfare
- A multinational team with the spirit of being ONE FOUR PAWS
- A dynamic and pleasant working environment in a motivated team
- An attractive and technically advanced office
- Training measures and an eLearning onboarding platform
We are dedicated to the principles of equal opportunity, diversity and plurality.
Be part of a good cause and apply for your next professional challenge with your CV in English to: