FOUR PAWS is the global animal welfare organisation for animals under direct human influence, which reveals suffering, rescues animals in need and protects them. Find out more about our sustainable campaigns and projects on www.four-paws.org.za.
Would you like to contribute to something meaningful and work with us along our mission? This is your chance. We are looking for dedicated people to enrich our team.
The Head of Programmes South Africa is responsible for leading and managing the programmes team to achieve its goals for FOUR PAWS in South Africa. The role is responsible for the strategy and delivery of international and national programmes, campaigns and projects.
Your contribution will be
- Being a member of the FOUR PAWS South Africa Leadership Team
- Contributing to the overall organisational strategy and its implementation
- Identifying, developing, implementing and evaluating of innovative, national campaigns and projects aligned to the strategy
- Leading and developing the Programmes Team, ensuring their understanding and focus on the national programmatic strategy
- Building and managing external partnerships in South Africa and regionally relevant to Programmes
- Developing content, positions, and key messages for communications, fundraising and educational purposes
- Planning, implementing, controlling and reporting on the programmatic budget and expenses
Your profile ideally illustrates
- Several years of relevant experience in the leadership and management of programmes and campaigns in an NGO environment
- Sound and up-to-date knowledge of the South African legal framework as it pertains to Animal Welfare
- Strategic thinking
- Excellent presentation, communications, and negotiation skills
- Planning, organisation, time management, and coordination
- Fluency in written and spoken English and native/national language
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Willingness to travel nationally as well as a driver’s license
- Great affinity to animal welfare and FOUR PAWS vision and mission
The offer includes
- The opportunity to truly contribute to global animal welfare
- A multinational team with the spirit of being ONE FOUR PAWS
- An animal-friendly workplace with a dynamic and pleasant job environment
- A modern leadership culture and promotion of training relevant to the position
FOUR PAWS works towards a world filled with respect, empathy and understanding for animals and believes in the same values for people: we strongly encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds and lived experiences to apply as we welcome everyone who wants to support our mission. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require assistance applying to this position.
All interested individuals are invited to submit their applications for the position. Please note that in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, having a valid work permit for the respective country or being eligible to obtain one is a requirement for this position prior to commencing employment.
Be part of a good cause and apply for your next professional challenge with your CV and salary expectation in English to: