FOUR PAWS is the global animal welfare organisation for animals under direct human influence, which reveals suffering, rescues animals in need and protects them. Find out more about our sustainable campaigns and projects on www.four-paws.org.
Would you like to contribute to something meaningful and work with us along our mission? This is your chance. We are looking for dedicated people to enrich our team.
Your contribution will be
- Being responsible for full-lifecycle management of UK Employees
- Co-ordinating with Finance and administration colleagues to ensure accurate and timely completion of monthly payroll
- Managing all employee relations, with effective knowledge of best practices on all UK employment law topics
- Leading recruitment activities for the UK for both UK and International colleagues based locally
- Supporting global initiatives on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Leading on policy development and implementation of the UK’s staff handbook and associated procedures
- Maintaining responsibility for the HR system and all associated reporting
- Supporting managers with all aspects of people management including absence management, performance management, probation reviews and ad-hoc support
- Supporting the compensation and benefits review to ensure benefit administration and guidance for FOUR PAWS UK staff
Your profile ideally illustrates
- Relevant demonstrable professional experience, CIPD qualified or equivalent experience
- Degree qualified in a relevant subject
- A strong communicator in both written and spoken English
- Experience in Excel and Microsoft office suite essential
- An empathetic individual, skilled in handling difficult situations tactfully and with confidence
- Confident in explaining legal principles to stakeholders unfamiliar with UK employment legislation
- Great affinity to animal welfare and FOUR PAWS vision and mission
- Experience working with international stakeholders in a large matrixed organisation would be beneficial
Our offer includes
- The opportunity to truly contribute to global animal welfare
- Hybrid working with the option of partial remote work, our hybrid working model requires staff to attend the central London office on a Monday or Thursday plus ad-hoc days as required
- 29 days annual leave plus UK Bank holidays
- Opportunity to visit our international sanctuaries
- An animal friendly workplace with a dynamic and pleasant job environment
- A competitive salary between £43,000 - £47,000 depending on experience. This may be negotiable depending on higher than required qualifications, skills and professional experience relevant for the position
- Employee assistance program offered through BUPA and OpenUP
FOUR PAWS works towards a world filled with respect, empathy and understanding for animals and believes in the same values for people: we strongly encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds and lived experiences to apply as we welcome everyone who wants to support our mission. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require assistance applying for this position.
All interested individuals are invited to submit their applications for the position. Please note that in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, having a valid work permit for the respective country or being eligible to obtain one is a requirement for this position prior to commencing employment.
Be part of a good cause and apply for your next professional challenge with your CV and covering letter explaining your interest for the role to:
Contact UsRobert Winchester, HR Advisor
Application deadline: 18 September 2023
Applications including cover letters will be reviewed periodically. Selected candidates will be invited to a panel interview and asked to complete a desktop exercise as part of the selection process.