Human Resources Officer (m/f/d)
Full-time | 40 hours per week | ORANGUTAN FOREST SCHOOL, Indonesia, East Kalimantan
FOUR PAWS is the global animal welfare organisation for animals under direct human influence, which reveals suffering, rescues animals in need and protects them. Find out more about our sustainable campaigns and projects on www.four-paws.org.
Yayasan Jejak Pulang, the ORANGUTAN FOREST SCHOOL in East Kalimantan, Indonesia, is an animal welfare association that takes care of orphaned orangutans, with the goal to rehabilitate them and release them back to the wild.
Would you like to contribute to something meaningful and work with us along our mission? This is your chance. We are looking for dedicated people to enrich our team.
You as a Human Resources Officer will collaborate with other departments to develop employee policies that cultivate a positive work environment and train staff on how to incorporate these policies into their daily tasks. Other administrative job duties include monitoring onboarding procedures for new employees, managing time-off requests, handling employee conflicts, and ensuring the company complies with government regulations.
Your contribution will be
- Being the central hub for all employees in the organisation and looking after them in all HR-related topics
- Developing comprehensive employee policies to foster a positive work environment
- Supporting current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital
- Implementing the new software systems
- Recruiting, hiring, and training employees including assessing training needs to apply and monitor training programmes
- Creating the job profile and drafting the contract – from personnel requirements to onboarding
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues
- Creating, overseeing, and managing a performance appraisal system that drives high performance
- Organising and monitoring personnel administration and maintaining pay plan and benefits programme
- Processing of payroll accounting and managing personnel files
- Contracting, reporting and providing decision support for management as well as taking care of the staff budget
- Facilitating and mediating employee-to-employee communication
- Managing time-off requests for staff
Your profile ideally illustrates
- Bachelor’s degree in Law/Psychology/Business Administration or a related field
- First years of professional experience in a comparable position (fresh graduates are welcome)
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English and Indonesian
- Good communication skills and strong leadership skills
- Good knowledge of human nature and judgement and effective critical thinking and evaluation skills
- Hands-on mentality, result-oriented and teamwork skills
- Willing to be placed in Samboja, Kutai Kartanegara, East Kalimantan
- Great affinity to animal welfare and FOUR PAWS vision and mission
Our offer includes
- The opportunity to truly contribute to global animal welfare
- Pleasant and interesting work environment
- Demanding work with a high degree of personal responsibility
- Extensive design options in an expanding environment
- Adequate NPO salary for this position
FOUR PAWS works towards a world filled with respect, empathy and understanding for animals and believes in the same values for people: we strongly encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds and lived experiences to apply as we welcome everyone who wants to support our mission. Please contact email@example.com if you require assistance applying to this position.
Be part of a good cause and apply for your next professional challenge with your CV in English to