FOUR PAWS is the global animal welfare organisation for animals under direct human influence, which reveals suffering, rescues animals in need and protects them. Find out more about our sustainable campaigns and projects on www.four-paws.org.za.
You would like to contribute to something meaningful and work with us along our mission? This is your chance. We are looking for dedicated people to enrich our team.
You as the Public Relations Officer are responsible for the independent organisation, management and implementation of local press and media related tasks, including building strong relationships with media to raise the brand awareness of the organisation.
Your contribution will be
- Independently organising and implementing the Public Relations tasks (writing and sending out press releases and wordings, Q&As, fact sheets, media briefings, translations, general research, answering media inquiries, proactively pitching stories to journalists, joining press events, maintaining media distribution lists, representing Public Relations in core teams, coordinating/organising update meetings with Communications colleagues, organising press trips/conferences and accompanying local and international media to our local project in South Africa etc.)
- Writing of opinion pieces for publication in the relevant identified key media publications to make the biggest impact for the organisation locally
- Building, maintaining and extending relationships with journalists to increase Public Relations opportunities for FOUR PAWS
- Positioning the Director as the face of the organisation in South Africa and develop PR campaigns according to the Development Plan
- Monitoring, evaluating and supervising all public relations activities for FOUR PAWS in South Africa (weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly evaluation)
- Maintaining an up-to-date crisis communications plan, with scenario planning and training all relevant staff in this regard
- Supporting the Head of Communications if additional resources are needed
Your profile ideally illustrates
- Several years of proven experience in journalism or communications
- Several years of proven excellence in writing
- A firm understanding of animal welfare and the work of FOUR PAWS.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Afrikaans
- Relevant qualification in communications or equivalent in work experience
- Solid knowledge of MS Office 365 as well as virtual communication tools (e. g. MS Teams)
- A network of good relationships with journalists and editors
Our offer includes
- The opportunity to truly contribute to global animal welfare
- A multinational team with the spirit of being ONE FOUR PAWS
- A dynamic and pleasant working environment in a motivated team
- An attractive and technically advanced office
- Training measures and an eLearning onboarding platform
We are dedicated to the principles of equal opportunity, diversity and plurality.
Be part of a good cause and apply for your next professional challenge with your CV in English by January 17, 2022 to