Public Relations Officer (M/F/D)
Full-time | 40 hours per week | Cape Town, South Africa
FOUR PAWS is the global animal welfare organisation for animals under direct human influence, which reveals suffering, rescues animals in need and protects them. Find out more about our sustainable campaigns and projects on www.four-paws.org.za
You would like to contribute to something meaningful and work with us along our mission? This is your chance. We are looking for dedicated people to enrich our team.
You as the Public Relations Officer is responsible for the independent organisation, management and implementation of local press and media related tasks, including building strong relationships with media to raise brand awareness of the organisation.
Your contribution will be
- Independently organising and implementing Public Relations (PR) tasks such as writing and sending out press releases and wordings, Q&As, fact sheets, media briefings, translations, general research, answering media inquiries, proactively pitching stories to journalists, joining press events, maintaining media distribution lists, representing PR in core teams, coordinating/organising update meetings with Communications colleagues, organising press trips/conferences and accompanying local and international media to our local project in South Africa etc.
- Developing and implementing a press strategy including the Afrikaans market.
- Writing of opinion pieces for publication in the relevant identified key media publications to make the biggest impact for the organisation locally.
- Building, maintaining and extending relationships with journalists to increase PR opportunities for FOUR PAWS.
- Positioning the Director as the face of the organisation in South Africa, and developing PR campaigns according to the Development Plan.
- Monitoring, evaluating and supervising all PR activities for FOUR PAWS in South Africa (weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly evaluation).
- Supporting the Head of Communications if additional resources are needed.
Your profile ideally illustrates
- Several years of experience in journalism or communications.
- Several years of proven excellence in writing.
- Qualification in Communications.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Afrikaans.
- Proficient in MS Office – Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- A network of good relationships with journalists and editors.
- Great affinity to animal welfare and FOUR PAWS vision and mission.
Our offer includes
- The opportunity to truly contribute to global animal welfare.
- A multinational team with the spirit of being ONE FOUR PAWS.
- A dynamic and pleasant working environment in a motivated team.
- An attractive and technically advanced office.
- Training measures and an eLearning onboarding platform.
FOUR PAWS works towards a world filled with respect, empathy and understanding for animals and believes in the same values for people: we strongly encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds and lived experiences to apply as we welcome everyone who wants to support our mission. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org you require assistance applying to this position.
Be part of a good cause and apply for your next professional challenge with your CV and salary expectation in English to: