FOUR PAWS is the global animal welfare organisation for animals under direct human influence, which reveals suffering, rescues animals in need and protects them. Find out more about our sustainable campaigns and projects on www.four-paws.org.
Yayasan Jejak Pulang, the ORANGUTAN FOREST SCHOOL in East Kalimantan, Indonesia, a FOUR PAWS cooperation since 2018, takes care of orphaned orangutans, with the goal to rehabilitate them and release them back to the wild.
Would you like to contribute to something meaningful and work with us along our mission? This is your chance. We are looking for dedicated people to enrich our team.
As the Release Site Manager, you will be responsible for keeping the orangutans, their caregivers, and the security team at the release site safe. This involves providing for people’s and the orangutans’ physical needs, monitoring people’s psychological conditions and motivation, and building and maintaining cooperative relationships with all stakeholders.
Your contribution will be
- Keeping the orangutans at HL Buring Ayoq safe by providing for the caregiver teams in the forest (safety, food, working equipment, comfort) in cooperation with the Supervisor for Animal Care and the team at Headquarters
- Keeping the area safe by providing and supervising the security team and by monitoring the security reports – in cooperation with ISS Mahulu
- Ensuring the activities run smoothly by liaising positively and in a solution-oriented way with all local stakeholders
- Assisting in creating an outreach and education programme regarding sustainability, forest, wildlife and orangutan protection
- Keeping the management and home base at Samboja informed about any events, incidents or problems that might occur at the release area in a timely and pro-active way
- Developing annual and monthly plans together with Animal Care department and General Manager, controlling the execution of plans, and reporting to Homebase and Pengurus
- Defining performance indicators for security and outreach, when needed, recruit assistance from Homebase to provide trainings or HR assistance
- Developing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for direct reports and their areas, enforce SOPs, including those for the orangutan care team
Your profile ideally illustrates
- Relevant years of experience in a leadership position, an international NGO environment, and/or sustainable logging company
- Fluent in English spoken and written
- Strategic thinking, project planning skills, and the ability to implement annual and monthly plans
- Outstanding leadership and communication skills and excellent problem-solving skills
- Social and emotional intelligence, patience, and an interest in people
- Dedication to conservation
- Great affinity to animal welfare and the FOUR PAWS vision and mission
Our offer includes
- The opportunity to truly contribute to global animal welfare
- Pleasant and interesting work environment
- Interesting work with a high degree of personal responsibility
- Extensive design options in an expanding environment
We are dedicated to the principles of diversity, equality and inclusion.
Be part of a good cause and apply for your next professional challenge with your CV in English to