FOUR PAWS is the global animal welfare organisation for animals under direct human influence, which reveals suffering, rescues animals in need and protects them. Find out more about our sustainable campaigns and projects on www.four-paws.org.
Would you like to contribute to something meaningful and work with us along our mission? This is your chance. We are looking for dedicated people to enrich our team.
Your contribution will be
- Conducting research on relevant responsible pet ownership (RPO) topics, preparing content, provide know-how and support within the Companion Animals (CA) Department and other departments in the organisation
- Contributing to maintaining a network of contacts to support the gathering of information on CA issues
- Contributing to innovative ways to engage with supporters on responsible pet ownership topics
- Producing articles/guidelines/infographics and copy for FOUR PAWS websites/social media sites and key media on responsible pet ownership topics under the supervision of the RPO Coordinator
- Liaising with the Science Unit to ensure all content produced is factually correct and science-based
- Liaising with FOUR PAWS country offices to ensure that they share the RPO content and are involved in its development where relevant
- Contributing to developing and delivering effective Responsible Pet Ownership campaigns (as and when required) working with the CA Campaigns team to raise awareness amongst the public of the importance of responsible pet ownership
- Developing a consistent way of monitoring, evaluating and reporting on the Responsible Pet Ownership programme objectives and targets to show the impact
- Assisting with the preparation of internal and external reports and presentations as well as RPO programme administration as required
Your profile ideally illustrates
- Education to degree level with a focus on companion animal welfare
- Experience in working in a shelter and rehoming animals
- Excellent command of English and German (written and oral)
- Strong IT skills, especially knowledge of using SharePoint and PowerPoint
- Ideally experience in working for a non-profit-environment
- Highly communicative, structured and well-organised personality with an intercultural understanding
- Ability to work as part of an international team and willingness to travel abroad
- Great affinity to animal welfare and FOUR PAWS values and mission
Our offer includes
- The opportunity to truly contribute to global animal welfare
- A multinational team with the spirit of being ONE FOUR PAWS
- An animal-friendly workplace with a dynamic and pleasant job environment
- Modern leadership culture and promotion of training measures
- Fully paid Deutschland-Ticket ticket or rental bicycle
- Flexible working times with the option of partial remote work
- Fully covered pension payments after one year of employment
FOUR PAWS works towards a world filled with respect, empathy and understanding for animals and believes in the same values for people: we strongly encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds and lived experiences to apply as we welcome everyone who wants to support our mission. Please contact Andrea.Weber@vier-pfoten.org if you require assistance applying to this position.
All interested individuals are invited to submit their applications for the position. Please note that in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, having a valid work permit or being eligible to obtain one is a requirement for this position prior to commencing employment.
Be part of a good cause and apply for your next professional challenge with your CV and motivational letter in German and English to: