Gingerbread - what goes better with (Pre) Christmas time?! This quick recipe makes 12 pieces of gingerbread.
For the cake base
- 1 Baking dish (24 x 24 cm)
- 350 g Wholemeal spelled flour
- 80 g Xylitol
- 125 g Thickened pear juice
- 250 ml Soy whipped cream - whip until stiff (with 1 teaspoon of organic cream stiffener)
- 250 ml Soy whipped cream - beat until stiff (with 2 teaspoons organic cream stabilizer)
- 200 ml Almond milk
- 1 tsp Baking soda
Other ingredients and spices
- 1 tbsp Organic plant-based margarine
- 1 tsp Star anise
- 1.5 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Clove powder (coated)
- For the gingerbread, let the almond milk warm up slightly, add the spices and xylitol and stir.
Put the pear juice in a large bowl, pour in the lukewarm spice milk and add the flour. Stir until lump-free and finally fold in the whipped cream and the baking soda. Mix everything well together.
Grease the baking pan with margarine, then pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan and distribute evenly. Then place it on a baking rack, put it in the cold oven and switch the temperature to 180° C/356 °F
Bake the gingerbread for about 30 minutes. Test with a wooden skewer whether the cake has been baked. Then remove from the oven and let cool.
Cut the gingerbread into pieces and enjoy with the whipped cream.