Green Spring-Cream Soup
Spring can taste so good!
- 4 cups water
- 1 ½ tbsp miso paste
- ½ cup cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 1 stick of celery, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 ½ cups broccoli, finely chopped (style peeled)
- 1 cup peas, frozen
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- some rock salt
- Edible flowers, radishes, sprouts and freshly grated nutmeg
- Weighing without scales? Then you need an American measuring cup which is approx. 225 ml. With a cup measuring cup, every recipe is prepared quickly and easily. You can get a cup measuring cup in almost any household goods shop or on the Internet.
- Blend the water, miso paste and cashews in a blender until creamy.
Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat and sauté the leeks, celery and garlic for 3-4 minutes. Stir again and again. Add the thyme, broccoli and miso-cashew mixture. Bring everything to the boil briefly and cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes. The broccoli should be soft but still retain its green colour. Add the peas and heat in the soup for 2 minutes. Add the spinach and let it collapse briefly in the soup.
Then puree the soup with a hand blender until creamy. Pour the spring soup into bowls and decorate with edible flowers, radishes, sprouts and freshly grated nutmeg.