Tomato sauce ingredients:
- 500ml Italian tomato passata
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp of salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 3/4 tsp of sugar (optional)
White sauce ingredients:
- 2-3 heaped tbsp hummus
- Lasagna sheets
- 1 sliced courgette
- A few sliced mushrooms of your choice
- 2 large sliced tomato
- Preheat your oven to 180C (360F).
- Add all tomato sauce ingredients into a bowl and mix together. The reason why I added a 3/4 tsp of sugar is to make the tomato sauce less acidic. As this is a super quick recipe this is a shortcut to better taste, but you can also have it without, it will just be a bit more acidic.
- Nothing to action for the white sauce if you bought your hummus from the store.
- The next bit is a bit wordy but it’s really just lasagna sheets, sauce, veggies and the same step repeated. So here it goes:
- Start adding some tomato sauce to a shallow oven-proof dish, just enough that it fully covers the bottom, then add a layer of lasagna sheets (or just one, depending on how big your dish is). On top of this layer add another layer of tomato sauce and then a layer of courgette. Add another sheet(s), followed by a layer of tomato sauce. Then a layer of mushrooms (make sure they are sliced finely, otherwise this layer becomes too thick). Next layer of lasagne sheet (s) on top. Now add the hummus on this layer and thinly sliced tomatoes. On top of that goes another layer of lasagne sheet(s), then the rest of the tomato sauce and a final layer of courgettes and tomatoes. When that's done sprinkle some oregano, sea salt, black pepper and a dash of olive oil on top.
- And off it goes into the oven for 35 - 40 minutes. Enjoy!
Note: Any advertisements that may appear during the viewing of this video are unrelated to FOUR PAWS. We assume no liability for this content.