- 600g plain flour
- 100g pine nuts
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 400ml plant-based milk
- 50ml sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 180C (360F).
- Mix together all wet ingredients in a bowl. The liquid will curdle, but thats normal.
- Then mix together all dry ingredients in a large bowl. I had to used white flour because of people panic-buying and the only one left was plain white flour, but you can also use wholemeal flour (don't use self-raising flour though, it may rise like a cake). Make sure there are no lumps and it's thoroughly mixed.
- Then combined wet and dry ingredients in the large bowl until you get a dough. Only knead as much as needed because otherwise the gluten will react and you will end up with a very dense loaf. The less kneading the better, because it will keep the bread light and fluffy.
- Place the dough on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Roughly form a bread shape. You don't need to smooth it because the rough bite will become nice and crispy. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Then take out of the oven and cover with a kitchen towel. Let rest for 1 hour. If you don't let it rest the bread might be too crumbly, so I would recommend to wait a bit before you eat it.
- Enjoy it with either sweet toppings like jam or savoury ones like hummus or baba ganoush.
Note: Any advertisements that may appear during the viewing of this video are unrelated to FOUR PAWS. We assume no liability for this content.